Member Transaction Reports
The below process takes you through how to run an example of a member transaction report. The fields and field settings used are examples of relevant fields to include in such a report. Database administrators should select the fields and field settings relevant to their needs.
This is editable at Club and Association level.
Firstly, login to your Online Membership Database - If you don’t have your login details please contact your State Governing Body or Association.
1. Click on Reports in the menu to open the 'Reports Manager'.
2. Click on Members.
3. The various member reports will appear. Under 'Advanced Member', click on Configure.
4. The report configuration options will open. Down the left hand side are the categories of database fields available to include in your report. Click on Personal Details to show all fields available within this category.
Select the Personal Details fields that you want to include in the report (eg. First Name, Surname, Member ID). To add fields to the report, click on the "+" icon next to the field, or click on the field and while holding down the mouse button, drag and drop the field into the 'Selected Fields' area.
5. Once you have finished adding the Personal Details fields to the report, click on Seasons from the categories on the left to show all fields available within this category. Add the Season field to the report.
From the 'season' options, set the filter to Equals and from the drop-down list select the season/s that you want to run the report for.
6. Drag and drop any other Seasons fields that you want to use into the 'Selected Fields' area.
7. Click on Affiliations from the categories on the left to show all fields available within this category. Drag and drop fields that you want to include in the report, such as Club Name (association only), Club Name, Team Name or Competition Name.
8. Finally, and most importantly, click on Transactions from the categories on the left to show all fields available within this category. Drag and drop the Transaction ID field into the 'Selected Fields', and then select any other fields that you want to include in the report, such as , Transaction Status, Transaction Date, Product, Order Total and Payment Date.
9. Set the Transaction ID filter to Is Not Blank.
10. Set any other filters and settings to these fields. For example, you may want to only run the report for:
- Transactions processed between certain dates:
- Unpaid transactions:
- Specific products:
- A specific payment type, e.g. 'Online NAB':
11. Add any other fields and field settings you want to the report.
12. Once you have added all of the required fields, scroll down to the 'Options' area. The options available are:
a. Select from one of the 'Show' options:
- Unique records only
- Summary data
- All records
b. Sort by: select a field from the drop-down list that you want to sort the report by, and select the sort order - ascending or descending - from the next drop down list
c. Secondary sort by: if you wish to apply a secondary sort, select a field from the drop-down list and select the sort order - ascending or descending - from the next drop down list
d. Group by: to group the report data under headings, select a field from the drop-down list.
For example, you could group the data under club, team, product, or payment type.
13. Once you have set your sort and grouping options, scroll down to 'Report Output'.
Select one of the two options:
- Display: open the report in a new screen on your Internet browser
- Email: email the report as a text file, suitable to be imported and modified in another program. If you wish to use this option, you must enter a valid email address into the 'Email Address' field.
14. The final option available is to save the report. This will enable you to generate this same report again in the future at the click of a button, without having to go through the process of selecting and setting up all the fields and options again. Click here for instructions on saving reports and running saved reports.
15. Click on Run Report. Your report will be generated according to the output method selected.