The Locator module allows clubs and associations to store venue location information which in turn can power a club / association 'locator' on a website, enabling website visitors to search for their nearest club/ association and obtain their contact details. Click here for an example of a live club locator - go to the 'Where Can I Play' search function on the right.
To update the Locator module:
Firstly, login to your Online Membership Database - If you don’t have your login details please contact your State Governing Body or Association.
1. Log into Membership at the club or association level of the database
2. The 'dashboard' for the association/ club will appear. Click on the Contacts link or Edit next to the 'Contacts' heading. Click on 'Locator'
Note: A green tick indicates that the Locator section contains valid information. A grey cross indicates that there is not enough information to appear on a website's Locator module.
3. The Locator page is broken into three sections:
a. Playing Venue and General Details
b. Active Days and Times
c. Location Details
4. Under 'Playing Venue and General Details', enter the:
- Venue Name
- Venue Address
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Venue Phone
5. Under 'Active Days and Times':
- Select the days of the week that the club has access to/ uses the venue
- Enter details of the session times and durations
- Enter the season start and end date
- Select the 'Show us in the Public Locator' check box if you want your club's details to show in your association's Club Locator / or governing body's Association Locator
- Enter the postal codes relevant to your club , separated by a comma (e.g. 3000, 3001, 3002). This will ensure your club shows in the search results when someone searches for a particular postcode.
- Enter any other general information (eg. 'New players welcome')
6. Under 'Location Details', the map will automatically adjust depending on the venue address you have entered. If you need to adjust the location, click on the red marker and drag and drop it into the correct location on the map.
7. Click on Update Locator.
Note: An association and/or governing body must set up a 'Locator' on their website in order to make use of the above 'locator' information.