As part of the Online Registrations functionality, there is the ability to allow Team Managers or the Team Organiser to register a team directly to one a Competition or to the Association to then assign a Team to a Competition. During the same registration process, they can invite their friends to join the team as well.
This is unavailable for AFL.
Let’s follow the story of John, a Team Manager for his social Team, as he registers his team and invites friends to play as well.
• Visits a website and see’s an invitation to enter a Team into a Competition
• Clicks on the link and is taken to the Team Registration Form – where he is then presented with three options.
• John has never played before, he and a group of mates want to play, so he chooses the ‘New Team Registration’ option.
• John fills out the Team registration form (Team Details, contact details etc.) selects which competition he wishes to play and agrees to the terms and conditions.
• John has now reached the summary screen of the registration form, it’s at this time, and John can now add the email details of his friends who are also going to play in the Team.
• Once John clicks Invite Teammates Now, he can now exit out of the form and each of his friends will receive an automated email, inviting them to join the team.
It will be something along the lines of the below - this will vary for each sport or each association but it will always have the invite for the player to register for the team. Please note that this is from a no reply email address so teammates should not reply to this email and rather email the team contact or the assoication if they have any issues.
• Each of John’s mates clicks on the link, which then launches the Member to Team registration form, and they complete all the relevant details and pay all the relevant player fees. So in a complete online process, each of John’s mates have joined his team, have joined the Association, paid their fees and are now ready to take the field and play their first game as a registered participant for the Competition.
• John as the team manager, receives a different automated email, which prompts him to register to the team and Association plus invite other friends to play. Again the information in this email will vary depending on the information the association/sport has set but will always have the link for the person to register as well as the link to send to other members you want to invite.
FOR ASSOCIATION ADMINS:
All of this was managed through the online registration forms functionality, let’s now look at the set-up and what’s required for linking these two forms together.
1. From your Registration Forms screen, click on Add New Form and create a TEAM TO ASSOCIATION FORM and a MEMBER TO TEAM FORM
2. Click EDIT against the TEAM TO ASSOCIATION FORM and select the relevant MEMBER TO TEAM form you need to link this to.
1. You will also need to create your next seasons competitions, for example A Grade Men, B grade Women, Unisex, reason being, you will need to select which competitions to be linked with this Team to Association registration form, that way your members know which competition to nominate for. So create your competitions first!
2. As with all Registration Forms created at the Association Level, with the Team to Association Registration Form you can customise the following:
- Team Fields
- Layout of the Form
- The products your members can purchase (team nomination fee for example)