The Widget Manager section is used to activate and modify your widgets. A widget is an application, or a component of an interface, that enables a user to perform a function or access a service.
NOTE: Once you have added/edited all relevant widgets make srue you right click each widget and tick the ACTIVE checkbox to make sure they appear on your website.
If you aren't able to access the website editor function for your Club website (either the previous editor is no longer at the Club, or the site hasn't had an editor before), then please click here. Alternatively , if your website already has a website editor, this person can authorise you as an additional website editor themselves. If you are a club, you must contact your Association for access.
Below are detailed examples of how to edit content within Widget Manager:
Firstly, scroll down to the bottom of your website and click 'Site Editor'. You will then be shown the Website Editor Control Panel.
This function displays news content from an external website in the right hand column of your website. There are a wide range of remote news sources to choose from.
To add a remote news feed to the right hand column:
1. From the Website Editor Control Panel, click on Widget Manager.
2. Click on the Add New Widget drop down list, select Remote Content, and click on Add New Section.
3. Right click on the Remote Content section and select Edit from the menu.
4. Click on Choose/Change Source.
5. The Search/Browse window will appear. This enables you to either (a) hit the Browse button to view all news feeds available or (b) enter a search term (eg. type in ‘AFL‘ to search for all news feeds with ‘AFL' in the title) and click on Search.
- If you have submitted a search, it will return all results for that search.
- If you click on View All Feeds, it will show a list of all Remote News Feed sources. Scroll through the list to find the news feed you wish to use.
6. Click on the name of the remote news feed to select it.
7. A confirmation screen will appear with the remote news feed you have chosen. Enter the maximum number of articles to display in the right hand column (compulsory) and click on Save.
8. You can return to the Remote News Feed at any time and change the news source by clicking on the Choose/Change Source button.